Sunday, September 23, 2007

Serious Amusements

Via Virtual Farmgirl, Cinema Botanica (trailer here) offers a little something to keep your plants, er, entertained. Read the press release about conceptual artist Jonathon Keats' films for non-human species.
Mr. Keats came to appreciate the potential impact of arts and entertainment on non-human audiences while choreographing ballet for honeybees at Chico State University last year.
Well, huh.

*

In the “things that remind me of my fish” department: Hunter of Daily Kos’s post on the care and feeding of Congress.

*

I've been working-- semi-working-- for three days on a post summarizing the current status of the farm bill. You wouldn't think it would be that hard. I hereby make a promise (!) that it'll be up tomorrow, provided I don't get all agitated about anything in the interim. Sigh.

Happy first day of fall, everybody. Count me one who's not grieving over the unleaving.

No comments: